Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
cp1025nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a LaserJet CP1025nw color with attn and go light on. THis happened after a failed firmware update. I have shutdown the printer with power for 60 seconds and restarted it with same problem. I retried with a usb cable but does not work. THe computer does recogize the usb as the printer. DO you all have further suggstions other than dumping it for a diiferent brand printer?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@techguysa, Welcome to HP Support Community!

You can try troubleshooting steps from this document for blinking lights.

If the issue still persists, we may have to reset the printer.

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 
I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Let me know the outcome.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Followed the instructions. Still bricked. A computer still recognizes the printer with usb.   THanks for trying.

HP Recommended

Try to re-send firmware with USB connected to see if it helps.

If computer really sees CP1025 you will see something happened on Cp1025 side if it's not you may need to change the USB connected port from USB001 to USB002 003....until you see something on the CP1025.

When you do that just send firmware one time then change USB001 002 003 ... alternately and press apply button and waiting for a while to see what happeds on the CP1025.

If it is still not work you may have to replaced the formatter.

HP Recommended

Hi @TEJ1602, can you send me the reset instructions also, for this CP1025nw Color laserjet?

The default HP supplied online instructions don't work for my printer...

Tia, Peter

HP Recommended

@Peter_Dee, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks TEJ,

I did not need to reset in the end.

While waiting for your reset instructions, I tried the firmware upload hint mentioned above.

I managed to bring my printer back to life by being able to upload and install the latest firmware via USB, while the printer was booting.

After the printer was fully booted, it killed the USB connection somehow

Cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.