Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet CP1518ni
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I am printing in color, parts of the page are coming out streaky.  It is only on one section of the page though, left hadn side. I have run cleaning mode and calibration on the printer several times and this has not helped.  I found a suggestion for the ToolboxFX. But, all of the instructions are for finding/downloading it in older operating systems than windows 10.  I am having no luck finding anything in the current software that I have on my computer to help with the poor printing.  I even installed the print and scan doctor and that doesn't help.  The only thing it does is check for connectivity.  Seems like it is a cleaning/calibration issue, I printed out a diagnostic page and the calibration did not look correct.  However, the only link it gave me to fix it was to go through the toolbox fx, which I can not find!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

first thing i'd do is go into your troubleshoot menu and start a print quality troubleshooting page.  it will print pages with each individual cartridge.  if the defect shows on only one color, its probably the problem.  It could also be your transfer belt that sits under the toner.  if you open the toner tray, remove them and look inside, you'll see the belt and any corrisponding marks that could be tansfering to your paper.  the belt is VERY sensitive, if you arent savvy with handling them, dont try and remove it yourself.  Now, the calibration issue could be due to a bad cartridge OR whats called the CPR sensor.  it sits just in front of the transfer belt and spans the width of the printer, cant miss it.  Sometimes it can get dirty and you can try running a dry, lint free rag over it.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

first thing i'd do is go into your troubleshoot menu and start a print quality troubleshooting page.  it will print pages with each individual cartridge.  if the defect shows on only one color, its probably the problem.  It could also be your transfer belt that sits under the toner.  if you open the toner tray, remove them and look inside, you'll see the belt and any corrisponding marks that could be tansfering to your paper.  the belt is VERY sensitive, if you arent savvy with handling them, dont try and remove it yourself.  Now, the calibration issue could be due to a bad cartridge OR whats called the CPR sensor.  it sits just in front of the transfer belt and spans the width of the printer, cant miss it.  Sometimes it can get dirty and you can try running a dry, lint free rag over it.  

HP Recommended

That is one of the problems, the troubleshoot menu in windows 10 only helps you with connection issues, etc.  There is nothing in it to help with print quality problems.  Luckily, I replaced one of the cartridges and this fixed the issue.  But, HP needs to improve their support for windows 10.  The HP support assistant sucks!

HP Recommended

dont forget your internal troubleshooting menu in the printer itself, you can solve a lot of problems that way. Glad you solved your issue!

HP Recommended

I have never found an internal troubleshooting menu in the printer itself.  Where would that be? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.