Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP E67550

I tried to set up this printer, but the scanning device would not appear on the computer for setup. I installed all the drivers, yet computer would not detect the scanner. Has somebody run this issue before? HP Smart would detect the printer component, but would not detect the scanner component. Even the HP Smart Mobile App would detect and access the printer, but could not access the scanning device. Neither computer nor the mobile device could access the scanner for remote scanning. The scanner could be operated from the panel to scan to the USB drive or email, but not accessible over the network by the computer. 

Also, the scanner would not detect network drive. Always come back with path not found even though the drive and the printer are on the same network, and other computers on the network could see the drive. 

Can someone advice how to resolve these issues with this type of Multi-function Printer? I would appreciate any help to get beyond this point. 

Additional information : I am connecting from Windows 10 Professional. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

A picture might be worth a thousand words. I tested using the HP Universal Twain and HP Scan software and the Remote Scan Reservation system.

webscan.jpg

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Make sure you have the latest firmware installed as there were issues with mine older versions not finding network drives. For scan reservations,  make sure that web services are turned on and you nay need to turn on ws scan protocol in the network settings tab.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I have the latest firmware. I couldn't find WS Scan Protocol in the network setting tab. Tried all different settings, yet scanner could not be detected on the network

HP Recommended

A picture might be worth a thousand words. I tested using the HP Universal Twain and HP Scan software and the Remote Scan Reservation system.

webscan.jpg

HP Recommended

Unbelievable!!! Thanks so much, it works!!! I have been to that same page multiple times, wondering why I missed it. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thanks for advice to resolve the scanning issue. The scanner is still unable to access the network drive. Please let me know if you figure it out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.