Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaharis
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Color LaserJet Pro M254dw issues connection and it is not recognising wireless set up?

macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hello folks, I'm new here.. I've just purchased the above inkjet printer as a upgrade to my old P series black and white laser jet. I'm having issues around connecting my printer as it recognises it exists, but the setup fails. It also doesn't recognise a wireless network so can't do AirPrint as I have an iPad and MacBook. Is this a common issue, and will it get fixed with the new Mac OS update called Catalina that is out in the coming week or so properly with proper updates as there are bugs. Thanks guys 

4 REPLIES 4
aaharis
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Color LaserJet Pro M254dw issues connection and it is not recognising wireless set up?

Hello guys, any help and guidance would be appreciated on this matter. Thank so much

0 Kudos
Level 10
2,434 2,423 216 444
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Often the best way to configure for wireless is to connect via a wired network connection and then use the embedded web server to perform the configuration. It is possible that the wireless is not enabled by default and you might need to turn it on.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
aaharis
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey thanks for your reply, I’ll try this and see if it works. Fingers crossed

0 Kudos
aaharis
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update: due the constant issues, this will be going back know folks. Don’t buy this model as it has issues so I’m looking at the HP envy 5030 printer now or a Canon one that my colleagues at work have.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation