Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro M254dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Basically, this printer will randomly print out 3 sheets of paper with the below information on each one. It's probably wasted like 60 pages over the course of a year printing these arbitrarily. Each of the sheet has the text printed in Courier New at the top of the page and the rest is blank.

The printer is connected wirelessly to my network on an Orbi Router with a 1 gig fiber connection.

1st sheet: 

OPTIONS * RTSP/1.0

CSeq: 1

User-Agent: curl/7.59.0

2nd sheet:

GET / HTTP/1.1

Host: 192.168.1.2.5:9100

User-agent: curl/7.59.0

Accept: */*

3rd sheet:

HEAD / HTTP/1.1

Host: 192.168.1.2.5:9100

User-agent: curl/7.59.0

Accept: */*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Wired or wireless, anything on the network could be testing the IP addresses of devices on the network and the printer thinks it needs to print it instead. Given what you have on your network, I'd suspect the router as the most likely. I'm not familiar with that brand, so I can't help with ideas as to what to check. 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@alkah3st Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the printer keeps printing IP addresses.

Please try to restore the network settings.

Please try to connect the printer wired network and check.

Please try to update the firmware and check.

Please refer to the below link on how to update the firmware.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754273

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I checked for a firmware update, but the printer found no new updates.

I reset the Network Settings and reconnected to the wireless network.

Unfortunately I can't connect to a wired connection given my setup.

I'll update if it still prints these pages.

HP Recommended

Hi,

From the Start menu click the gear icon and select Devices, then click Printers & Scanners.

Click your printer name once and then click Manage.

Click Printer Properties and open the Advanced tab, what is the exact printer driver listed under the Driver drop-down menu?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

The driver listed is:

HP ColorLaserJet M253-M254 PCL-6 (V4)

HP Recommended

Despite the changes we made, it's still arbitrarily printing these test pages.

I wish I could stop it. I have half a mind to keep it with no paper at all times until I print, but when I put paper back in, it'll likely print these before I print what I actually intend to.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I have tried the same steps and my printer is connected to a wired connection and I am still having the same issues. Any new updates to help trouble shoot the issue?

HP Recommended

I've never heard of or seen this issue before. Very odd. The best suggestion I have would be to delete the current printer driver, download the latest available driver, reboot your computer, then install the printer with the new driver.

You might also check to see if there's a newer version of firmware for your printer and update it as well.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Yeah, I've done all of these things:

-deleted the printer from all machines

- uninstalled the drivers

- went into the printer itself and set to factory conditions

- made sure the latest firmware is installed

- reinstalled the printer on my machine with the latest drivers from HP

- reconnected

It still periodically prints out the pages described here, unprompted, at least several times a week, 3 pages at a time.

HP Recommended

Very odd. A couple of thoughts:

1. It may be coming from the router and not your computer or driver.

2. Maybe some other device on the network is sending connection verification data to this address thinking it's a different kind of device like a computer or something that would normally respond or just process the data, but since it's a printer it's being printed instead.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.