Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody,

I actually have a very simple question. My printer (a HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277n) will be connected via WiFi soon if possible. So far it is connected to the home network via cable. I found some articles in the help, but my printer doesn't show the possibility to choose " WiFi". Hence my question: Is it possible that my device does not have a WiFi module installed? If no, what could be the reason why I don't get this option and how can I solve it?

Many thanks for any tips. I am already latent desperate...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @David273

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the concern regarding wireless connectivity on the printer.

According to the printer specifications for HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277n, it does not have the wireless feature. It only supports USB or Ethernet connection.

For more info, refer to this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @David273

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the concern regarding wireless connectivity on the printer.

According to the printer specifications for HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277n, it does not have the wireless feature. It only supports USB or Ethernet connection.

For more info, refer to this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If you really want wireless there are plenty of USB to Wireless print servers out there. HP likely has a model of their own but companies like TP-Link and Linksys are probably more cost effective.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hello Kumar,

thank you for your assistance. It does help me.

What I do not understand, is this helpdesk article from the german HP website. It says, the printer is Wifi-capable.

https://support.hp.com/de-de/product/hp-color-laserjet-pro-mfp-m277-series/7089945/model/7089946/doc...

Maybe you can adress this to your colleagues.

Thanks for your help. I will see, what kind of additional item I need, to get my printer running wireless.

David

HP Recommended

@David273

According to your printer model HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277n. Only have the network. If your model has M277dw, that has wireless connectivity with a duplexer.

I hope you understand.

Have a nice day!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.