Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp colorlaserjet MFP M281 pcl-6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

My colorlaserjet MFP M281 was working properly on my wireless connection till i changed my antivirurs to AVG , it stopped .

Surprisngly when i used Hp Doctor scan it will not print the test page and then in a next step it print the internal test page.

I reinstalled the drivers , scanned the printer. Something cought my attention is that i'm not able also to block or open windows security defender.

To get things worse. Now my wife cannot send a print request from her laptop despite she didnt change her system or antivirus.

I spent three days trying...

Any advice.

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@samer69, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Disable both Windows security defender and the AVG Security Software on your computer and try printing. If the issue persists, follow the steps below:

Ensure the printer and the computers are on the same network. Perform a ping test.

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the Wireless icon https://support.hp.com/wps/hp-skp-portlets/document/attachments/162/c02131772.gif  on the printer
  2. Click Win + R to open the run window
  3. Enter cmd in the tab and click OK
  4. Once the cmd window opens, type ping<space>IP address of the printer. Press Enter
  5. Share the results through screenshots.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I disabled AVG and Winfows defender and typed CMD , tried to print nothing happened.

Below is the result and still not printing

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.799]
(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\masri>ping 192.168.0.25

Pinging 192.168.0.25 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.0.25: bytes=32 time=43ms TTL=255
Reply from 192.168.0.25: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=255
Reply from 192.168.0.25: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=255
Reply from 192.168.0.25: bytes=32 time=6ms TTL=255

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.25:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 3ms, Maximum = 43ms, Average = 14ms

C:\Users\masri>

HP Recommended

@samer69

The ping results show that there is communication between the devices. Did you try the ping test on the second computer too?

After disabling the AVG and Windows Defender, run the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

It should automatically diagnose and fix any printing related issues.

Update the printer firmware

HP regularly releases new printer firmware versions with product enhancements or issue fixes. Depending on your printer, apps on the printer control panel might also receive updates. Update firmware and apps on a regular basis to make sure you are getting the most out of your printer. Refer to this link for help.

Set a manual IP and manual DNS servers for the printer

The steps on how to set a manual IP address can be found here.

For the DNS servers please use 8.8.8.8 for the Manual Preferred DNS Server and 8.8.4.4 for the Alternate DNS server. These are Google’s public DNS servers.

Additionally, you can try adding the printer using the standard TCP/IP

Click on add a printer 

Select 'The printer that I want isn't listed' 

Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname. 

Enter the IP address of the printer(ex: 192.168.1.3) in the Hostname or IP Address field 

Select your printer model from the menu. 

Click 'Next'  

Follow the On-Screen instructions and complete the installation. 

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.