Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have a HP M553 Color laserjet printer which keeps throwing up erros for paperjams. I have checked EVERYTHING and there are no paper jams. I have no idea what to do. I have even removed the fuser and put it back in the hopes it would reset something. Any help for how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @coffeemanic,

Error code 13.B2.FF is a jam in right door error, which is media residual jam in top cover at image area. Top of page sensor SR6 is detecting the presence of paper at power on.

What you can do:

1) Open upper right door and check for media jammed in feed area.

2) Check/Inspect under under toner cartridge at transfer area and make sure everything is properly seated

3) Test the top of page sensor SR6 via the Administration->Troubleshooting->Diagnostic Tests->Manual Sensor Test or (Tray/Bin manual sensor test, whichever has the SR6) and see if it works and it is seated properly

Let me know of any progress. I hope that helps.

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks so much for replying! I attempted to do as you suggested and went into troubleshooting-manual-sr6 but when I selected sr6 nothing happened. Is that normal? Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

HP Recommended

You do not need to select the SR6. You have to test it. In order to test the SR6, which is the top of page sensor, you need to know where that sensor is located in the machine and put a little piece of paper in it to test if it working. If it is working then a green circle appears and counts that (1,2,3, etc... depending to how many times you triggered that sensor). 

If you don't know where that sensor is located then I would suggest to get that printer serviced by an HP certified/qualified printer engineer. You may also try google and find the service manual of your model where you can find this information.

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

I would suggest fully removing your tray 2 - thur however many trays you have. 

Look deep in the back for a piece of paper, there have been times when paper is shoved back there causing this jam. 

Did this start happening after a jam? 

I am an HP Employee
I work in Laser Jet Printing
The opinions expressed here are my own and not those of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.