Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro CM1415fnw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

On an irregular basis, my laserJet pro won't print and it gives an Offline message in the print dialogue box in MS Word. If I turn the printer and then back on then all is good. Can you suggest a remedy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @daleary,

I was able to open the link in Chrome. Maybe try it, if you are still having issues. Here is the link again: Printer is Offline (Windows).

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings @daleary,

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you are experiencing issues with the printer going offline. I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

Give this document a try: Printer is Offline (Windows).

If the printer is networked, I would setup a static IP. Go to Solution four: Assign your printer a static IP address: Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection.

If you are still having issues, let me know how the printer is connected.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. Please let me know the outcome. Have a nice day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Greetings in return @Gemini02

The document you suggest reading (Give this document a try: Printer is Offline (Windows)) gives an error message. Could you provide another link?

With thanks.

daleary

HP Recommended

Hi @daleary,

I was able to open the link in Chrome. Maybe try it, if you are still having issues. Here is the link again: Printer is Offline (Windows).

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you for your assistance.

@daleary

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.