Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

The printer is 5,000 pages old and stops always after printing 2 pages. A reset by unplug etc helps, but only for one more print and the error is back. On the Net it is said that the ITB causes the error. Is there any software remedy to solve the error? Did the latest Firmware cured it? Any experience with this error? Please let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is a dropbox link for the update file and instructions. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS FIX!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bb152avrl4ldbvq/AAAwFzMKOCxgKKrIPDgiL8C2a?dl=0

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

This is a known issue that is solved by a special firmware upgrade for the DC controller. I will check to see if I have the link and instructions. Otherwise you can contact support for it.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Here is a dropbox link for the update file and instructions. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS FIX!

HP Recommended

Thank you Repairatrooper for taking care on this problem!

Within the next two days I will be at the printer following your steps to cure the problem. I will come back with a report!

Best & Ciao... 

HP Recommended

@Repairatrooper wrote:

Repairatrooper!!

Thank you for your help. We followed your remedy advice and got rid of the problem in no time. Thank you thayt we were able to shine trough you help.

Best & Ciao...

HP Recommended

Hello i have the same problem with a 477dn french version and the dropbox link is empty can you repost please

HP Recommended

Steps to flash the DCC Firmware on the
M477/M452/M377 for the 59.F0 Error issue
For the M452dw/M377dw/M477fnw/M477fdn/M477fdw with
the walk-up USB port at the Control Panel, we can follow the
Methods 1

METHOD 1:
Copy DCCV1_51.prn to a USB thumb drive (Front USB only support USB drive with FAT32
format).
Instructions to update DCC from front USB:
1. Power on the printer to Ready mode or with “59.F0” displayed already.
2. Plug USB driver into front USB
3. Press “Home” icon, back to home screen. If control panel is already on home screen,
skip this step
4. Select “USB”
5. Select “Print Documents”
6. Select and Print “DCCV1_51.prn” file
7. Confirm the upgrade has been started with the “Printing started” screen showing for
some seconds,
8. On screen next, Select “No”
9. Wait around 3 ~ 5 minutes, until printer gets auto re-boot, during which control panel
either continue showing “59.F0” or “Performing Upgrade”.
Notes: For units constantly getting “59.F0 Error” on screen. Control Panel will continue
showing “59.F0” during DCC FW upgrade; for units still in “Ready” state, “Performing
Upgrade” screen will be showing up before reboot.
10. After printer re-boot to ready, print out “config report”, check DCC reversion, being
15101, which is indicating the units was updated to latest successfully.
Note: the control number would not change since the 1st successful upgrade, no matter
how many time of upgrade action performed (prn file execution) later.

HP Recommended

it really works it almost 3 months working on this  finally there was a solution 

HP Recommended

The firmware fix was well explained and worked perfectly!!  It saved me from expecting that something was physically broken with the printer and I would need to give it up for a week while it was being repaired.

HP Recommended

This also applies to the M477fnw with serial VNBKKDTBMK right?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.