Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP LaserJet P1606dn will not share after latest Windows 10 update

HP Laserjet P1606dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Laserjet P1606dn that has always been plugged into my desktop computer via USB cable.  We've shared the printer and been able to access it to print, until the latest Windows 10 update.  Now, the printer will not share and is not visible or discoverable on any other device.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the printer and drivers. I downloaded/installed the latest drivers from HP.

When I look at the printer properties, it says it's shared.

I can print just fine on it from my desktop where it is plugged in, so the cable is working fine.  I had a tech tell me that Windows disables ports for updates and that might be my problem.

Has anyone else had this issue solved?

3 REPLIES 3
Level 8
782 770 67 114
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP P1606dn built in network connecting so use it and connect every pc and laptop directly with TCP/ip there's no need to use share printing. 

0 Kudos
TatiaV
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I do that?  I can Google it, I’m sure, but if you have instructions, that would be great!  Thank you!

0 Kudos
TatiaV
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It looks like to use the TCP/IP method, my printer needs to be on a WiFi network.  Mine is not and that's not an option for me.  I printed out a device configuration sheet for my printer and everything is set to 0.0.0.0  I have no idea how to give it an IP address manually. I've done searches and can't seem to find any details on it.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation