Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 2035
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a user with a LaserJet 2035 issue. She prints checks and stamps on a special type of paper, and the LaserJet is printing everything off balance. It's low on the sheet. I have tried all of the following with no luck:

• Turn printer off and unplug from computer. Plug everything back in.
  • Install generic HP driver - this made the printer unusable - had to revert back to 2035 driver
  • Made sure special paper was seated in the printer correctly.

This user just got a new desktop and has upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. I am wondering if it's something to do with software compatibility. Printer hasn't moved in this upgrade so should be working the same. Regular paper prints out text just fine. Any insight would be helpful.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Something to try to determine if this is a software or hardware problem. If you have plain paper in the tray when she prints her special job does it line up properly? If so, then it is possible that the special stock is slipping slightly when feeding. If plain paper shows the same shift in image then it is likely the template that is used to print the special forms and you will need to dig into how pages are formatted and laid out in that software. One thing to check is that during the upgrade the program did not think that the special paper was a different size such as A4 instead of letter.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I fixed it by messing around with the driver. Not sure of an exact solution. Just played around with it until it was working again. Thanks for your response.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.