Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M148
Chrome OS

I am unable to login to the web service on my HP LaserJet Pro MFP M148.

I don't remember setting a login. The default doesn't work.

The LCD tells me  "menu access is disabled" if I try to access Service to reset to defaults.

Thank you in advance for the help.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi! @Anzio_Katarin, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Community!

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Let's continue with the troubleshooting steps now.

First, Try restoring the printer to defaults and check if it helps.

1. 2-line control panels: On the printer control panel, press the button. Touchscreen control panels: From the Home screen on the printer control panel, swipe until the Setup menu displays. Touch the Setup icon to open the menu.

2. Open the following menus: ● Service ● Restore Defaults

3. Touch or press the OK button. The printer automatically restarts.

After performing a factory reset you can try the steps below to setup webservices on the printer.

1. On the printer control panel, press the Setup button. Open the Network Setup menu, and then
select Show IP Address to display the IP address or hostname.
2. Open a web browser, and in the address line, type the IP address or hostname exactly as it displays
on the printer control panel. Press the Enter key on the computer keyboard. The EWS opens.
NOTE: If the web browser displays a message indicating that accessing the website might not be
safe, select the option to continue to the website. Accessing this website will not harm the computer.
3. Click the HP Web Services tab, and then click Enable. The printer enables Web Services and then
prints an information page.
The information page contains the printer code necessary to register the HP printer at HP Connected.
4. Go to www.hpconnected.com to create an HP ePrint account and complete the setup process

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Please send me the NVRAM reset for the M148.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

@Anzio_Katarin

Did you try performing a factory reset on the printer?

I have checked records and there are no NVRAM reset steps for this printer.

You can only try restoring the printer settings to factory defaults.

If you have tried restoring the printer settings to factory default and if the issue still persists.

It is a hardware issue with the printer. Please contact HP support for service options. Click Here

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This solution is implausible.

When you get to "Service" and select "OK" you get "Menu Access is disabled" which is the original problem presented.

All this does is confirm the issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.