Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet M403
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am connecting via a PC using Remote Desktop to another PC. The local PC has three network printers connected. Two work fine, one produces the error below in the Local PC Event Viewer when printing on the Redirected printer on Remote Desktop. Steps in reproducing below:

• RDP to remote server
  • Redirected printers show up fine( all drivers have been installed on remote PC)
  • Do test print
  • Print looks like it went no errors reported. Nothing in Remote PC Event Viewer reported
  • Check Event Viewer on local PC and see error below

( I just installed trial version of Fabulatech software and printer working fine, but would prefer not to have to buy the software)

Dr Google, shows a number of errors referencing Rendering on Client Computer switch. This is Off on the Local PC but when I RDP to remote PC and check same on that Redirected printer is shows as still clicked. It is greyed out so cannot change it.

Any ideas?

“The document Remote Desktop Redirected Printer Doc, owned by xxxxx, failed to print on printer HP LaserJet Pro M402-M403 n-dne PCL 6. Try to print the document again, or restart the print spooler.
Data type: RAW. Size of the spool file in bytes: 64852. Number of bytes printed: 64852. Total number of pages in the document: 1. Number of pages printed: 0. Client computer: \xxxxxx. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 2147500037. Unspecified error”

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Clearly, this must be too hard!

Any folks from HP on this forum?

/daveb

HP Recommended

Same issue here. M402 for in 2 different offices. Other printer in office prints fine. Local printing prints fine but when login to RDP nothing comes out the printer. no errors like what you said. Did you ever find a fix?

HP Recommended

Same problem as ChrisL3,  M402dn not transfering to RDP session, works OK locally.  Did you get a solution?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Simple, I installed a Brother printer and it worked straight away.

Redeployed the HP elsewhere in the business.

/daveb

HP Recommended

Do you mean that you used a Brother printer driver for the HPm403 printer? or are you just saying you added a "new" brother printer

HP Recommended

As I said, throw away the HP. Replace it with a Brother. It just works. Honestly the drivers are rubbish!

HP Recommended

We all know that other printers work because we have a Ricoh copier and other HP printers in the office that have no issue printing in RDP. If it was my money i would have done that a long time ago. I really wouldn't call this a fix.

HP Recommended

We (my colleague!)  fixed this.

We used the HP Universal Printer Driver PCL 6 (v6.7.0) x64.  File version 0.3.16299.402.  Installed on both the print server and the terminal server.  Installed the shared printer from the print server on the client.  The installed printer on the client is now visible on the RDP session on the terminal server.

Note that the installed printer on the print server reported a different name to the same driver installed on the terminal server, although they were exactly the same printer driver.  Check the file version to make sure you're using the same driver on both.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.