12-18-2019 01:25 PM
My company has several HP Laserjet P1102w that we use via USB only. Lately when the printer is plugged into a Windows 10 64 Bit 1909 Version, it shows in device manager as an HP EWS Device and not the HP Laserjet P1102W printer.
We have a new computer that has never had this printer installed on it, running Windows 10 1909 64 Bit, and it gets this error.
From the troubleshooting guides I have seen, most people are saying to uninstall and reinstall the drivers, which I cannot do. There are NO drivers for this product on HP Support and Drivers website for Windows 10. The Compatibility guide for Windows 10 article says that there IS a driver available on support and drivers, that Windows 10 is compatible, and that the drivers through Windows updates all work. All of that appears to be untrue.
I have attempted to update the firmware, reinstall device driver, different USB cables, and different Windows 10 1909 Computers.
If anyone else has a fix for this or can think of a possible resolution, please let me know.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-21-2019 02:42 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the driver issue.
Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues.
If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Windows 10 (64-bit).
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee