Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet p2055d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, wondering if someone could please help me!

I've got a laserjet P2055d printer and can't get it to duplex print despite the settings being set for auto duplex. It pull the paper through as normal which comes out the top, it then retracts the paper about half way before it pushed it back out - note that there is hasn't been anything printed at all.

I did get error message - 49 err 3d910c8 when trying to print however this seems to now not be showing, instead it's not printing duplex - if duplex mode isn't enabled them it prints okay, however I need to use duplex mode and wondered if there are any ways to rectify this problem. It appears to have reared its head since updating from window's 7 to window's 10!!

I'm not sure what else to do. I've tried to allow windows 10 to find and install its drivers however that becames a disater too - it install some printer alongside my own one (another style of printer)

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Have you updated the firmware? The HP Support Center for the P2055 has available drivers, software and firmware:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/home/?sp4ts.oid=3662052

I work on behalf of HP. I hope I was able to help today.
HP Recommended

Hi Martyn,

Had you solve that problem ? If no, I will help you.

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your reply. No I've still not been able to solve it!!

HP Recommended

Hi Martyn0207,

I saw the same problem and it was printing fine now (HP Laserjet P2055d via USB cable and saw message on printer “49 ERR xxx TURN OFF THEN TURN ON”).

My solution is using old driver for HP Laserjet P2050/2055. It’s “upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849” version (HP Universal Printing PCL6 Driver). Latest version is “upd-pcl6-x64-6.3.1.21178” but it no solver this problem.

The first, you search and download “upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849” driver at:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/UPD/

Then you need to uninstall the existing drivers for the printer completely from Windows:

1. Turn off printer.
  2. In the “Devices and Printers” look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device".
  3. In “Programs and Features”, look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Uninstall" or "Remove ".
  4. Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  5. Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  6. Click on “Drivers” tab, look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom. Select OK. Then select Apply and OK on the “Print Server Properties” windows. Close Devices and Printers.
  7. Restart computer.
  8. Run “upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849” file, select “USB mode plug and play”.
  9. Turn on printer and wait windows know your printer, then restart computer again.
  10. Go “Devices and Printers” again, if you see “HP Laserjet P2055 Series” and “HP Universal Printing PCL6”, righ click “HP Laserjet P2055 Series”, choose"Remove Device", windows will remove both printers.
  11. Turn off printer and restart computer once again.
  12. Turn on printer and wait Windows know your printer.
  13. Go “Devices and Printers” again, if Windows only know your printer is “HP Universal Printing PCL6” is finish. If Windows continous know “HP Laserjet P2055 Series” and “HP Universal Printing PCL6”, you repeat 10-12 steps. Sometimes you must patience!

Good luck!

dungleviet

HP Recommended

Dear dungleveit  after a year of struggling with my printer you finally solved the problem. Thank you so much

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with my HP Laser Jet P2055dn under Win 10.

Go to Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Devices and Printers
Right click on HP LaserJetP2055 (or your printer name)
Printer Properties
Advanced
Driver
Now select the driver:
I had to go into the hardware dialog, HP, HP LaserJet P....
I chose the following driver for my LaserJet P2055dn:
"HP LaserJet P205X PS Class Driver" (which is the PostScript driver rather than PCL6)
not "HP LaserJet P2050 Series PCL6"
not "HP LaserJet P2050 Series PCL6 Class Driver"
Then go into the printer properties dialog:
R-click on the printer icon, select "Printer properties".
There had to activated Duplex:
Tab Device Settings, "Duplex Unit" = Installed.

Then a 2-sided PDF automatically printed on both sides from Adobe Acrobat DC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.