Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet p4015dn
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I may have had a paper jam and since that time I cannot reset the printer to pull paper to print from tray 2.  It will only pull paper from tray 1to print.   Because of the printers location in the office, I really need tray one to be closed.   Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Check the paper size and type setting on the printer for tray 2. Make sure it is set correctly, (i.e. Letter size, Plain paper) that matches the paper size and type you have loaded and that you are trying to print on per what the computer is trying to print on. It should be what your tray 1 is using since it works. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Check the paper size and type setting on the printer for tray 2. Make sure it is set correctly, (i.e. Letter size, Plain paper) that matches the paper size and type you have loaded and that you are trying to print on per what the computer is trying to print on. It should be what your tray 1 is using since it works. 

HP Recommended

Does it even try to pull paper from tray 2? If it continually jams from tray 2 then likely you have some paper jammed in the paper path from tray 2. On the left side on MP tray there is a drop down used to remove the separation roller which also allows you to see if there is paper jammed in the tray 2 paper feed flag. You can take a piece of paper folded a couple of times to push through the paper path starting in the tray and push it up through the path the paper normally takes through the printer. This is called flossing and the idea is to push this paper through to remove any bits of paper that are left. DO NOT pull the paper backwards as you can break the flag doing this. 

If the printer does not try to pull at all then likely the first response about settings is the cause.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you guys for such great responses!  The problem has been solved!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.