Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
m1005mfp
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a new HP Laserjet M1005MFP all in one printer today. I installed it on my PC which is running on windows 10 64 bit. I could take the printouts however, I am unable to do the scanning. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. However, I have found the exact solution for this error. It's important that in windows 10 latest version OS we need to download the software from the same computer where you are installing the printer. The problem is in only on windows 10. Even if you download same drivers from the HP site in windows 7 system and install it on windows 10 the scanner won't find the scanner unit when you scan. I have tried downloading in windows 7 as well as tried to install from the media provided but I couldn't do the scanning. Hope it helps the other users who find the same problem. HP you need to look into the matter bit seriously.... Because its a consumer product and users are not not always techies and people have other products at a better price to look forward. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.