Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 130nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have recently replaced my M130a printer with a M130nw one to get rid of wires... but on wireless I could barely use the scanning option.

The printer have a reserved IP, the address is shown on the printer screen, if I continously ping that address all is perfect until I launch the scanning application.

I could some simes scan a page, other times a couple of pages but no more. It looses ping replies, and the scanning app reports connectivity error and suggest to "fix" with "HP Print and Scan Doctor" that could not repair.

The same problem is reported on my Windows 10 x64 PC and another PC with Windows 7 x64. Both computers can communicate between them and over the internet without any problem but not with the printer.

The printer have the latest firmware (20180510) and drivers installed on Win10/7 is 44.3.2667.

There is a way to make it work, or I should complete a RMA?

Kind regards,

Lucian

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Lucian_Constantin

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with the printer. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Follow this link and try the HP scan and capture app.

Keep me posted. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Barachiel

And thank you for your support. I have downloaded the HP windows 10 app and I was excited that I could scan 20 blank pages - I've just pressed the plus sign because I usually could not scan more that one page.

But my excitement drops instantly when I try the "older" app - that came with the full installation of the drivers - LJM129-M134_UWWL_4-1_UWWL_3_1_Full_WebPack_44.3.2667.exe when again I've lost communication. The sad part was that trying again with the Win10 app you reccoment I have a device not found error, despite the fact the printer shows "ready" and the IP address on the screen (green light and blue light were both steady).

After a lot of restarts of the printer and PC I could not scan more than several pages, so it seems just a matter of "luck" to be able to scan 15-20 pages.

Any other ideeas?

Kind Regards,

Lucian

HP Recommended

@Lucian_Constantin

Thanks for the response.

I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok 

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Once done, follow this link and install the full feature driver software. 🙂

Keep me posted,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Barachiel,

Thank you for your support. I have followed the steps you provided but I did not have the chance to scan more that 15 pages. The next tries were also lower that 10 pages.

It may be some hardware problem involved because at scanning time I hear some pops and cracks. Trying to scan wthout anything on the glass I have noticed that the wide plastic band that move along with the scaning lamp it make some curls that prevent the lamp runs smoothly and pressing over that curls it makes a "pop" sound.

I think I will take the printer to the service and after I will solve the problem with that wide band will see if the connection problem still persist.

I will keep you informed.

Kind Regards,

Lucian

HP Recommended

@Lucian_Constantin

Thanks for the reply.

This look's like a mechanical failure.

In this case, I'd request you to contact phone support team for further assistance. 🙂

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/ 

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Feel free to reach out if need any other assistance.

Thanks,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Barachiel,

And thank you for your information. Meanwhile I solved the mechanical problem at a nearby HP service. The good news - they replaced the product with a brand new one. :Sunglasses: (so thank you HP)

The bad news - wireless communication have the same problem even after reinstalling drivers.

The new device had firmare version 20170710 (if I remember correctly) and could not scan via the wireless network more than 6 pages.

I did a firmware upgrade to the 20180510 - same problem.

The HP Scan and Capture app started the scan job, the printer display on LCD "Scanning in computer" but did not move the scanning device, and after a couple of minutes the app showed "Problem communicating with the device".

One other thnig I should mention - my wireless network is a hidden network, and I have disabled the 5GHz network leaving only the 2.4 GHz. Even though firmware 20170710 mention "Fixed an issue that wireless printer could not establish wireless connection when SSID is hidden." and in firmware 20180510 there is a mention to "Fixed an issue that printer would lose wireless connection from router intermittently." I'm still experiencing connectivity issues.

Any other ideeas?

I'm also considering returning the printer again to the HP service to test the wireless conectivity because I guess they concentrate only on the mechanical part this time.

Kind regards,

Lucian 

HP Recommended

@Lucian_Constantin

Thanks for the response.

Follow this document which will provide you step by step instructions. By the end of the document I'm sure the issue would be resolved. 🙂  

This should do the trick for you.Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Barachiel,

Could you please resend the link, because the link above get me to a page that just redirect me to the  Wireless Troubleshooting where the only to options were to talk to an automated agent or try HP Print and Scan Doctor which this last tool I've already tried.

Kind regards,

Lucian

HP Recommended

Hello @Barachiel,

Waiting for that document link I did some tests by myself and found something interesting.

Setup 1

- Wireless network: SSID hidden and locked on 2.4 GHz only

- HP scan app took between 20 to 40 seconds since scanning lamp switch off to display the page tile and after the third page waiting 70-80 seconds disaply the error message.

Setup 2

- Wireless network: SSID hidden and locked on 5GHz only

- HP scan app took consistently 6 seconds since scanning lamp switch off to display the page tile. I could scan multiple series of 20-40 pages without any error.

- HP Scan and capture you recommend from the Microsoft Store was even faster - immediately the scan lamp switch off it displayed the page tile. And even I prefer using the "HP Scan" instead of "HP Scan and Capture" now I will prefer the second because is even faster because the next scan is a single click away (the other app is one click on the left of the screen, and to scan you have a second click on the right of the screen... :Crying: this is poor interface :TongueOut:)

General setup:

- Printer and notebook were in the same room as router, assuring best signal in 2.4/5GHz

- Printer set to choose 2.4 or 5GHz

My conclusion: 2.4GHz network is causing the problem and unfortunately if the printer is set in default mode 2.4 and 5 GHz, will prefer 2.4GHz.

The error was constantly reproduced in setup 1.

Kind regards,

Lucian

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.