Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LASERJET PRO M15W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am setting up a new HP Laserjet M15w printer to use Wifi Direct connections without being connected to a computer.I connect the printer to my laptop and use the HP setup utility for setup. Also I have connected my phone with printer through WIFI direct. I can use the Wifi Direct setup toolbox(through IP address) to get into the setup page on the printer and Enabled the Wifi Direct. I can connect to the printer using my android and I can see the ( DIRECT 93 HP)  the printer generates through wifi. I can print off a page and it seems to work fine. As soon as I disconnect the printer from the computer (disconnect the USB cable) the printer switches to ( Setup HP) back to the setup option and cant able to print and connect through wifi direct. As soon as I reconnect the USB cable, the DIRECT option appears again and I can connect and print again with my android.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

if you have the problem then you should first be resetting power to the power if not then power on and disconnect the power cord from the printer but not the network cable then restart the laptop and reconnected the power cable to the printer. If the printer remains offline after that then you chack the wifi connection and set up the IP config and open the web browser and type printer IP address if it's open the EWS your printer is now online. I got the solution from facebook  this site.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.