Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

My HP Officejet Pro 8500 A model A910a has been working for a year  but recently stopped printing wirelessly. I am considering a software problem,  probabaly the drivers,  since I was able to pass and print successfully  the HP Hardware Diagnostic Utility testing page. I downloaded the latest HP Print and Scan Doctor and HP Install Wizard, both of which freezes while searching for my printer. My printer is connected wirelessly. Im using Dell XPS desktop running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I would really appreciate any advice from you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi. Sorry for delayed reply. It seeemed that I made it work again by Removing the device from my control panel, uninstalling the HP program and restart my computerI then add the printer at the control panel , let windows find the driver ( it found it only after windows update) then install the driver. I printerd test page succesfully. I still would like to thank you for reading my inquiry.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

2 questions

1. When you open up the HP software on your PC does it show your printer with a green check mark

2. When you go to devices and printers does it show your printer icon there and what status does it say

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
HP Recommended

Hi. Sorry for delayed reply. It seeemed that I made it work again by Removing the device from my control panel, uninstalling the HP program and restart my computerI then add the printer at the control panel , let windows find the driver ( it found it only after windows update) then install the driver. I printerd test page succesfully. I still would like to thank you for reading my inquiry.

HP Recommended

I am have the exact same problem with my Photosmart 6510.  After a year or so, it just quit working.   Installed Print and scan doctor before, but now it freezes about 60% of the way through finding my printer.   Printer status says it is ready and printing, but nothing happens.  Test pages print just fine from the printer controls.

HP Recommended

Hey MEMAYS,

I see you are having an issue with your computer communicating with the HP Photosmart 6510 that you own.  How do you have the printer connected to your PC?

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

This thread has been locked, For more information on HPPIW please refer to the following support document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02681060

The HP Printer Install Wizard is a support application from HP that assisted in downloading printer software. This support application is no longer supported by HP. The last update to this software was on September 22, 2015.

To download and install the latest version of software for your HP printer, please visit 123.hp.com, HP support website, or HP Support Assistant (in English).

I Work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.