Did you mean: 
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP410 Toner cartridge incompatible

Hp color laser jet pro m452dn

In Kuwait. Bought hp 410A toner in yellow, magenta, cyan, and black. Black works. Other colors say "cartridge incompatible."

Prior user at office had purchased 410X, high yield, for magenta, cyan, and black. They work. Standard yield works only for black. I need standard yield to work for all 4. 

Printer is hp color laser jet pro m452dn

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
3,845 3,829 402 818
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you happen to get cartridges that are not regionalized for your area? Cartridges have an id chip on them that compares to the fixed location of the printer and prevents operation if cartridges are not authorized for sale in your country.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't know. I purchased cartridges at three different retailers in Kuwait City -- I doubt they'd be in business long if they were selling toner that doesn't work in Kuwait. The printers are hooked up to a US military network, which might complicate the "geoblocking" but that wouldn't explain why the black cartridge is recognized and the colored cartridges are not.

What is the point of regionalizing toner cartridges? If that is the issue, can it be defeated? How can I tell what region the cartridges are linked to?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation