Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 700 M712dn
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

I'm trying to print halftones out of Illustrator on this printer and can't get it to work. I'm putting in the Frequency, Angle, and Dot shape like I did with the previous printer. Do I need some type of driver for this issue? Is there a setting I don't know about? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

TO: Capitall -- did you ever figure out how to get this HP LaserJet printer to print half tones?  

Just to give you my Nightmare Background ever since I bought my 2nd HP printer about 2 yrs ago.... My 1st HP Printer I used for 20 yrs worked great (no set up or extra installs).

I had bought this same "Model # or equivalate) to the 700 M712 printer (about) 20-23 years ago (Unless of course HP Rep sold me the wrong Printer).  I used that "Postscript" printed & worked great for 20 years so when it broke I called HP (they had my history of what items I bought in the past..... I requested the same "Postscript" printer that I had before b/c I needed it to have the capability to print half tones.  I was told this printer is what I should buy.  Unfortunately I did not do any Testing of the 1/2 tones when it arrived & my life was turned upside down with a family member dying - by the time I called to get information, I was informed by another Rep that this Newer model of this printer NO LONGER has the Postscript built in & can't print halftones any longer. (I got screwed cuz it was past 30 days & they offered me no help & no returns!!!  & now I'm going on 2 years, that I have been stuck with a very expensive "paper printer" that I can't even use for the purpose I bought it for!!!!  I have been (On & Off) trying to figure out if there is some way to get this printer to print halftones????  That perhaps something new came out or maybe I was mis-informed.  I tried downloading the Universal Print Driver for Postscript -- it hasn't worked.  I'm not sure if there are any settings I need to change???

If you or anyone else has an answer to is there ANY HP Printer that is Postscript (to print out half tones?)

Or anyway to get this printer that I have - to print halftones???

I appreciate any help or even directing me to someone who might be able to help me. Thanks

HP Recommended

In monochrome I think all HP products have PS emulation through drivers. Likely DesignJets are the only product with PS available.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

If it is a postscript printer it will print halftones. Email to :  kaja28081972@gmail.com

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.