Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Bad magenta toner cartridge needed to be replaced return it back for a new good one.

HP Recommended

Here's a copy of the Usage Report. As you can see, no lines appear. Over the weekend, I printed something else using black and white, and that print out showed no magenta lines either. I don't have the previous cartridge as it's been some time now since I swapped it out and have already thrown it away. Thanks again for all of your help with this!Usage Report.jpg

HP Recommended

I didn't realize cartridges went bad! I guess I learn something everyday. How do I go about replacing this magenta toner cartridge? I didn't buy it within the last week or so, I actually bought it maybe 4-6 months ago because I noticed mine were starting to get low, and I always like to have new ones on hand whenever the old ones run out completely. 

HP Recommended

Toner cartridges go bad quite often, that's why I mentioned it in my first response to you. I see them go bad a lot with my customers. But, you also said in your first post that you replaced all your cartridges and the problem was still there, so I thought this was a continuing problem too. You'll have to buy another cartridge and try it. Cartridges usually have some kind of warranty up to a year sometimes, so if you contact the supplier of your current cartridge, maybe they will replace it for free.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.