Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have the problem with my LJPRO MFP 125-126with Windows 7 Pro.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/LES/M125/LJPro_MFP_M125-126_full_solution_15309.exe does NOT contain the original “HP Scan” software. It does NOT contain ANY scanner driver.

http://hp.care/2jE0wBB says to use HP Scan. There is NO HP Scan for 125-126.  HP Scan for 129-134 does NOT work with 125-126.

There is NO solution at HP website at all. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @qq2

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and I see that you need the Scanning Software for your HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M125nw

I'd like to help.

I suggest you download the HP Scan And Capture from Here

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Place the item you want to scan on the scanner glass, or load it into the automatic document feeder (ADF) if your printer has one.

3. Search Windows for Scan and Capture, then click HP Scan and Capture in the list of results.

4. Click the menu  icon, then select Settings.

5. Click Select Device, then select your HP printer.

Figure : Example of the Select Device window with a printer selected

Example of the Select Device window with a printer selected
  6. Click Document Scan Options or Photo Scan Options to change any settings, then click the back arrow.

7. Click outside the Settings menu, then click Capture Documents or Capture Photos.

8. When the scan completes, click the save  icon.

The Save As window opens to save the item to a folder.

Keep me posted how it goes.

Thank you. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Scan at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/hp-scan-and-capture/9wzdncrfhwl0 works with Windows 8.1 and above. I have Windows 7 Pro SP1. I can't even download HP Scan by the link you provided.

HP Recommended

HP scan works with Windows 8 and above. I have Windows 7Pro Sp1. I can't even download HP Scan using the link you sent.

HP Recommended

Hi @qq2

Thanks for keeping me posted

I would request you to uninstall all the Printer Software from your computer from Root level.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
2.) Select your HP Printer 
3.) Select Uninstall 
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab 
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
10.) Select Ok 
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the computer & Printer and download the Full Feature Software from Here and follow the onscreen Instructions

Note: Enter the Product Number and download the Full Feature Software

You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating the Product Number.

Next try these steps after installing the Full Feature Software

Click Start and then click Programs

- Click HP, and then select your product.

- Click HP Scan, select a scanning shortcut, and then adjust the settings if necessary.

- Click Scan

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you. 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.