Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
MFP M277dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys,

I have a MFP M277dw printer that is connected to my network. Every computer of the family are able to print on j'y.

On PC by default printing is done in gray scale mode BUT it is still possible to print in color mode.

On some of the computer I would like to prevent color printing and lock gray scale printing.

Is it possible ???

If not is there other way to only print in gray scale even if the kids uncheck the printing in gray scale mode ???

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

About the only way I can think of locking it into black & white only, is to install a printer driver for that printer using a monochrome printer print driver. There is no color option to select then. Finding the right monochrome printer driver that will work OK with your printer will probably be a trial and error effort, but I'm sure there are a few that would work.

HP Recommended

In the embedded web server (type the IP into a browser) you go to security and then access control. You should be able to restrict color there and they will not be able to change it.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.