Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdw

Hello,

so I have to scan multiple documents and email it to myself from the printer, but can only do a page at a time. I cannot find any button anywhere that can scan multiple pages and send it to me. Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

You say you can scan multiple documents and then you say only one page at a time. What I'm understanding from this is that you can load multiple pages into the ADF and when you hit scan, it only sends one page at a time. There is a setting on some machines with FS4 firmware that you can set a limit per scan job of how many pages will be scanned. Check to see if 'Create Multiple Files' option is checked in the option tab, if it is just uncheck the box and save in the settings. There shouldn't be a button that you have to press to enable scan multiple pages into PDF format so if whats above doesn't help the next step I would try is to update firmware.

HP Recommended

Bad wording on my part, I HAVE to be able to scan many things and it already be one pdf, but since there is no button to keep adding scans, I can only do it one page at a time and email it to myself. I am trying to find a way to email myself a pdf with multiple scans in it instead of them all being separate, but there is no button or setting that I can find to do so. 

HP Recommended

So is the MFP not feeding all the pages when they are placed into the document feeder? If you're scanning multiple pages into one PDF file you need to place them into the document feeder as a stack, not feed them one at a time if that's what happening.

HP Recommended

Each page has a back to it so i physically have to flip it.

HP Recommended

Look for an option on page layout when you scan called 'Original Sides'. Change it to 2 sided when scanning pages that are double sided.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.