Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet M604
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Need to stop duplex printing for a specified user while printing on a network printer HP Laserjet M604.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you run into this issue again, you do not need to uninstall and reinstall, simply go to "device settings" and either run the automatic configuration or turn off the duplex unit and stapling. I have found that sometimes the driver detects wrongly first time, adding or missing features.

device settings.jpg

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Do you have duplex printing hardset on the machine itself or is this a driver issue?

If a driver issue you need to adjust the users settings on the driver to set the preferences to single sided. If they are printing through a printer server those settings might get over written by the settings you have on the print server. If they are printing IP direct they will not. On the user PC go to control panel>devices and printers and then right click the icon for the printer and select "printer properties" (the option in the middle of the drop down menu, not the "properties" that appears at the bottom of the menu), then follow the steps below.

default duplex.jpg

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

There is no duplex printing hardset on this printer and all the Printing Preferences and Document Options show that the Print on both sides was "No".  I found out that it was a driver issue in the sense that when I installed the actual HP LaserJet M604 driver from the HP website, the printer properties showed that the model had "Double-side: Yes" and "Staple: Yes".  I then removed the device and driver and reinstalled using the Universal Print Driver and that solved the issue.  Now the printer properties shows that the model has "Double-sided: No" and Staple "No" (see below).  Really appreciate your repl

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

If you run into this issue again, you do not need to uninstall and reinstall, simply go to "device settings" and either run the automatic configuration or turn off the duplex unit and stapling. I have found that sometimes the driver detects wrongly first time, adding or missing features.

device settings.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.