Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet M102a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laserjet constantly goes offline and the setting will not allow to change the setting, I am constantly printing and after 30mins it goes offline automately. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try using a TCP/IP port?

Create a TCP IP port

1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the Front panel of your Printer to get the IP address)
2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right click the printer and left click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.
3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.
4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.

This video resource will show you how to do it:

Create & Use TCP IP port

Note that you can ALWAYS revert back to the original port that the HP software installed by selecting the HP port under the Ports tab (in Printer Properties)

Let us know if that works

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Greenturtle:  I don't know a lot about printers or the hard wire configuration.  With that said, why create a TCP-IP port if the communication is supposed to be wireless in the first place?  Isn't a 'port' something tangible that something is hooked up to?

I have consistently had this problem with the printer going offline as it chooses, for no reason at all.  I even went to far as to buy a new printer, and still having the same problem.  AND, getting it back online is nothing short of impossible.  I have tried most every single solution out there (except yours, because of my concern posted above), and yet it is still off line.  Short of turning off my desktop and the printer, too, for 5 o 10 minutes, I am sick to death of this happening.  And, of course, it always happens when you need the printer to work immediately!!

What in the world is causing this to happen to multiple printers.  I want to permanently fix whatever has been causing this over the years!!! This has to be a cause and effect situation, and I want to remedy the cause, so it will stop happening.

And, I am using Windows 10 (gag).  If it matters, I am using Comcast internet, and have always used solely Hp products.

Thanks,

Leanne

P.S.  In your instructions to the initial post you as them to 'print' a configuration page to get the IPv4 address......kind of a moot point if you can't print.  And, ditto if the printer isn't responding to the tapping of the wireless icon on the front panel of the printer......got any other suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.