Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M177fw
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello Dear Sir

Hope you feel great

I want to receive faxes on my PC and if it was necessary then I do print but I can not

also I want send fax by my PC , I can do it only if I scan the paper when software is open

For Example : I want to sell a bill to my customer and the bill placed on my Descktop , first I have to print it then fax it ,

because I can not find any option that let me choose files from pc

there are only three options

1: Add Cover Page

2 : Add scan

3 : Setting

also I did not find anything on setting that help me on this matter

also I did download and instaled updated version of

Color_LJPro_MFP_M177_full-solution_16259

and

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177 Series Firmware Update 20160926

I am looking forward to your kindly support

Thanks & Best Regards

Nima Kabiri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @NimaKabiri,

The HP Color LaserJet Pro M177 pritner do not support fax to PC capabilities, faxes can only be printed and no digital archive capabilities are offered for your printer, meaning it cannot be archived as a file on your PC..

To send a fax from your PC you should send a document as a print job and then it may be sent from the PC.

From any application open your document and select Fax > Print.

Select the Fax - HP Laserjet Pro M177 printer and press print, a send dialog appears.

Type the phone number and click Add, then press the Send button and the fax will be sent directly from your printer..

When you open the HP Send Fax software as you describe you may press Add Scan to scan a physical page loaded on the device and fax it through your PC software, to include a file the original file need to be "printed" to the fax printer as described above.

Hope that clarifies any of your concerns,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @NimaKabiri,

The HP Color LaserJet Pro M177 pritner do not support fax to PC capabilities, faxes can only be printed and no digital archive capabilities are offered for your printer, meaning it cannot be archived as a file on your PC..

To send a fax from your PC you should send a document as a print job and then it may be sent from the PC.

From any application open your document and select Fax > Print.

Select the Fax - HP Laserjet Pro M177 printer and press print, a send dialog appears.

Type the phone number and click Add, then press the Send button and the fax will be sent directly from your printer..

When you open the HP Send Fax software as you describe you may press Add Scan to scan a physical page loaded on the device and fax it through your PC software, to include a file the original file need to be "printed" to the fax printer as described above.

Hope that clarifies any of your concerns,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.