Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Colour Laserjet M254dw - T6B60A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just moved from Europe to Australia and took my HP Colour Laserjet M254dw (T6B60A) with me.

Now I'm facing the problem that the recommended original HP Toners 202A or X (cyan, magenta, yellow) are not being compatible with that printer.

I found somewhere a notice that it is due to world regional differences for supplying HP toners across the globe. In Europe I used to order 203A or X cartridges and they worked perfectly. Here in Australia I only can order 202A or X and they give me an error on the printers touchscreen: "Incompatible cyan cartridge", even though they are the recommend ones here in Australia.

I got in tel. contact with HP Printer Support in Australia, but they couldn't help me on this issue.They said, that my printer model is not able to get a regional reset via firmware. They recommend to replace the printer which is only 1 1/2 year old which isn't acceptable at all for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please check your private message inbox, click the top envelope icon to access private messaging.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

change regional settings hp printer

Phone HP customer service on the relevant contact number for your region.
Ask for the steps to re-regionalise your printer. ...
Give them the requested details and they'll provide a special code to enter in your printer settings. ...

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer  ALS-77,

but I already called them, as you can see in my original post.

I had the feeling they can't help me and trying to sell me a new model.

HP Recommended

Please check your private message inbox, click the top envelope icon to access private messaging.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you Shlomil,

This does the trick.

It is a NVRAM reset, done by rebooting the printer and some Touchpad fiddeling.

I don't understand why this isn't mentioned anywhere in the documentation. 

Factory Reset HP LaserJet M277dw Printer Steps: 1 - Power Down 2 - Power Up 3 - Wait until you see the energy logo 4 - Press and hold the lower right hand portion of the display 5 - You can release when you see "permanent storage init"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.