Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Managed Flow MFPE87640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello - I'm having trouble figuring out why our printer is not printing evenly. Here is a single block of color (539B96) I printed. It's kind of hard to see in the photo but there are lighter/faded sections. 

print-1.jpgprint-2.jpg

I'm printing from Adobe Illustrator and have tried to change all different kinds of settings with no change in the faded areas. This fading is making our marketing collateral look low quality. This is printed on 148g Glossy paper. Any insight would be appreciated! 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

As this is a managed device that is supposed to be sold only with a support contract you should contact your vendor. Is this device plugged directly into a wall outlet on a dedicated circuit? I ask because this type of error can be caused by power issues.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I'm with repair trooper here on this one. It could be a voltage issue, it could be the cyan or yellow drum / imaging unit is having an issue. You should have a tech available to help with a "Managed" device. This could be a toner compaction issue as well. Have you recently replaced the Cyan toner? What is the toner% remaining on the cyan? You can take the Cyan out and use the little blue star shaped thingie that comes with the toner to help move the augers inside the toner cartridge. It should just pop onto the end of the toner and you can spin the augers. does it feel like there is some resistance or can you hear audible click while trying to turn? Sometimes the toner can become compacted during shipping. Those "valleys" almost look like the cyan toner is low in those areas and you can see the yellow toner more predominantly or the yellow appears over saturated- but it could just be a lack of cyan toner.

Also these fusers can fail fairly early. If you are printing on a heavier media type, you could experience an early fuser failure. this looks more like a toner supply or voltage issue to me as well.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.