Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CP5225dn

hi , so when running single sided , it runs fine , but if doing a duplex then it prints first side and when it comes out of the exit , it never pulls back in . sometimes it will just spit out into the exit tray , sometimes gets stuck almost all the way out of the exit rollers. event log only shows 13.00 errors and a 20.00 error. I can see that the release solenoid is releasing , but it seems like the rollers just do not move in reverse and pull it back in. when initializing exit moves forward , then solenoid releases and rollers may or may not move in reverse , maybe move in reverse very little (couple turns). anyone seen anything like this ? thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Ovation,

I reckon you will have to replace the duplex drive assembly. Instructions to do so are in the service manual.

(Drive assembly, duplex reverse (duplex model only) : RM1-6167-000CN)

I hope this will help you,

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi I would like to assist to the best of my ability to solve your problem.I hope the information i supply will be of help.

I think that it might be a dirty or slow reacting sensor on this machine.If possible try to blow out the machine's dust or brush out with a paint brush.Clean the duplex and all paper feed wheels and then retry.Hope this helps.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
HP Recommended

Hi Ovation,

I reckon you will have to replace the duplex drive assembly. Instructions to do so are in the service manual.

(Drive assembly, duplex reverse (duplex model only) : RM1-6167-000CN)

I hope this will help you,

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

Yep , that was the right call , thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.