Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have added user accounts, both User and Administrator, and even turned off Windows Defender but nothing helps.

HP Recommended

@jghumphrey

It looks like you were interacting with @Betty0610, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 

I'm Raj1788 & I'm at your service. 

Appreciate all your time and efforts.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

When you send the print job, is the printer trying to print?

If yes, try with a different ink cartridge.

If not let's uninstall the printer drivers and install the Windows Built-in Print Driver.

Delete the driver from the root level and Install the drivers, follow the steps below:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Then, Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01796879 for Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I have root uninstalled several times.  The issue is not that I can't install a driver but when I use the Windows Update driver, the printer works fine except thqat it prints the job endlessly and I have to kill the spooler entry to get it to quit.  When I try to install with HP Smart Print, the process hangs after finding my printer at the "Checking software..." step.

HP Recommended

@jghumphrey

I have sent you a private message, for the further assistance that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

HP Support resolved the endless printing by disabling bidirectional printing.

HP Recommended

@jghumphrey

Thanks for the response.

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution for this concern.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.