Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung galaxy s9
Android 9.0 Pie

I recently purchased an hp M118DW for the purpose of printing directly from my phone using the hp Direct app.  I can get things to print, but everything is printing in portrait when I have landscape selected.  Have confirmed landscape setting and have chosen "Fit to Page" as well as "Fill Page" in the scaling setting in print options.  Nothing seems to work as I end up with the right 1/3 of the page empty in landscape.  Really not any other options to choose from. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

WiFI Direct is a feature of the printer (your mobile device connects directly to the printer over the printers WiFi network).  Android supports both the HP Print Service Plugin and the HP Smart app for moble printing.

Switching from portrait to landscape is normally a feature provided by the print driver.  The driver in your scenario is provided by the HP app.  Its possible that the landscape feature is not supported for your mobile OS, the HP App and the printer.  If that is the case then you would need a work around.

Try printing the document to PDF first, Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat or your PDF viewer, orrient the document then try printing from there.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.