10-16-2019 12:23 AM - last edited on 10-18-2019 07:08 AM by kevin-t
Laser Jet printer is printing test pages automatically.
Model: HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M181fw
Product #: T6B71A
Serial number: [edited]
10-18-2019 08:59 AM
Welcome to HP support community.
Perform a power reset
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector and printer.
- Turn on the printer.
Update the printer firmware
Refer the steps mentioned in this HP document for the steps:- Click here
Calibrate the printer to align the colors
1. On the printer control panel, press the Setup button.
2. Select the following menus: ● System Setup ● Print Quality ● Color Calibration ● Calibrate Now
3. Select OK to start the calibration process.
4. A Calibrating message will display on the printer control panel. The calibration process takes a few minutes to complete. Do not turn the printer oƫ until the calibration process has ƭnished. Wait while the printer calibrates, and then try printing again.
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
11-12-2019 12:17 AM
That looks like the output you would get if sending a print job with an incompatible driver or bad connection cable. If the printer is networked then it could be a user inadvertently sending a job. If you have the printer connected to network, the easy way to see if another user is sending the print job is to change the IP address of the printer and see if these print stop.