Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet CP1025nm color
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Printer error I cannos seem to get fixed.  

I have removed, restarted, added printer several times.

Changed toner cartridges.

It prits test pages, but does not print anything else

What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.  It might hae worked, but I threw

it off the building and smashed it into the parking lot already.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@TBS1972

A warm welcome to HP Forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

As per the document available here, HP LaserJet CP1025nw Color printer is not compatible with macOS 10.14 Mojave. However, we could try adding an alternate driver. Let's try these steps:

Please ensure the printer is up-to-date with its firmware. If you are unsure, you can download and install the latest firmware update from here.

1.) Download and install HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for OS X from here.

2.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

3.) Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign  to delete the printer.

4.) If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list.

5.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

6.) Click the drop-down menu next to Use and click on Select Printer Software.

7.) Select the LaserJet Pro CP1520 Series from the list.

8.) Click OK to confirm your selection and add the printer, then try printing using the configured print queue.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.  It might hae worked, but I threw

it off the building and smashed it into the parking lot already.

HP Recommended

@TBS1972

I understand your concerns and the frustration you went through

I have sent you a private message

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had the same issue as the OP, I have tried the solution you have outlined, but am still getting the same error message. 

Have you any other suggestions

Cheers

HP Recommended

In case others are not aware of this, wireless printing is working for this printer in Mojave. I am running the latest firmware (20180302) on the printer and I have no idea if that makes a difference or not.

The alternate driver solution offered by Senan6806, although a great idea did not work for me. Curiously, the print queue shows the document being sent to the printer then it is removed from the queue as if it has finished printing, however, nothing has actually printed. So Senan6806 if you have another idea I am happy to give it a crack as I really would like to be able to print via USB.

In case HP reads this, I to am frustrated with this driver issue, as the printer has served me diligently and I lament throwing it away as it is an unnecessary waste that needlessly drains our planet's resources, just so HP can save a buck in programming costs!

HP Recommended

DaMoose, how did you find the latest firmware (20180302)? When I tried to Sleect Software when (re)adding my printer, I could not find anything with that number. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Troop255, you need to get it from HP's website. I have pasted a link which will take you straight to the HP download page.

If the following link works, you can skip straight step 7

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-cp1025-color-printer-series/4052955

If the link does not work or is blocked, follow steps 1-8

1) Google "HP drivers", and click on "HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printer,.......".

2) Click on the printer icon.

3) Enter "CP1025" and click on the drop-down suggestion of the full name.

4) Under "Operating System" select "Mac OS".

5) Under "Version" select "macOS 10.13".

Although macOS10.13 is for High Sierra, it has a firmware download available, whereas the Mojave option (macOS10.14) does not give you a firmware to download. So make sure you select "macOS 10.13".

6) Click on the "Change" button

7) Click on the bold word "Firmware"

😎 Click on the "Download button"

Lastly, wireless printing (AirPrint) is a little temperamental. Some times it is really really slow. If this happens, reset your router/modem, the device that is doing your local network address. In my case, it is the box (wifi router/modem) supplied by my internet provider. Occasionally I have to shut down the entire network and start each device one at a time, waiting for them to fully load before starting the next i.e, router/modem, then wifi extender, then printer, then laptop. Thankfully I have only needed to do this twice in the last 6 months.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.