Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet M605n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just purchased a refurbished M605n printer.  I manage many of these in our organization so I am familiar with the setup.  I have configured all of the network settings, and I can ping the printer from my PC.  I can do a ping -a and it returns the Host name.  So the printer is connected to the network.  But I cannot access the web interface.  The message returned from the browser is:

Can’t reach this page. Make sure the web address http://10.X.X.X is correct (obviously, I substituted X for the actual numbers).

I can use the web interface to connect to any of the other printers in our organization, via both LAN and WAN. And the settings on this printer seem to be the same as the others. Secure web is set to HTTPS Required.  Am I missing something, or is this printer defective?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The first step I would take would be to format the hard drive and reinstall fresh firmware. This is done through the preboot menu. Have the Firmware BDL file on a Usb stick, power off printer. Turn on printer and touch the cancel button when the backlight turns on. Then navigate to administration and select format disk. Then go to download, insert USB when prompted and select your file. When download completes, use back arrow until continue is displayed and press ok. Unit will restart and install fresh firmware.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The first step I would take would be to format the hard drive and reinstall fresh firmware. This is done through the preboot menu. Have the Firmware BDL file on a Usb stick, power off printer. Turn on printer and touch the cancel button when the backlight turns on. Then navigate to administration and select format disk. Then go to download, insert USB when prompted and select your file. When download completes, use back arrow until continue is displayed and press ok. Unit will restart and install fresh firmware.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've got the firmware ready on a USB drive.  At the preboot menu I'm choosing administration, then format disk.  It prompts me that a firmware update is required, and I touch OK to accept.  Then it goes right back to the previous menu.  Again, I choose format disk, and get the same prompt.  Other than the OK button, the only other options are the up arrow & down arrow, which toggles back and forth between accept and cancel.  Either option cancels and returns me to the previous menu.  Regardless of how many times I try, it is convinced that I want to cancel, even though I am choosing accept.

HP Recommended

Finally was able to format the hard drive and update the firmware.  I am able to access the web client now.  I will mark your suggestion as the accepted answer.  Thank you for your time!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.