Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

This printer having problem in initializing and unable to come to 'Ready' state. Keeps on restarting again and again but do not come to 'Ready' State.

Can some boday help me to solve this issue.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have finally got fix my printer by repair shop. He just replaced the chip under CARTRIDGE. And that charged me only 150/- in Pakistani Rupees.

Snapshot is attached to locate the chip under cartridge.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
Disconnect all cable except the power and turn the printer on. Does it come to ready? If it does and attached to the network, you probably have a bad print job trying to print and causing the printer to crash and start again.
HP Recommended

Thanks. But no cable is attached with printer expect Power cable. And networking is not enabled in this printer. There is no other way to configure or reset. Even root cause of this issue is not clear. Because Printer do not display any error message. It just restart again n again and tries to initialize.

HP Recommended

Sounds to me like it's losing input power..maybe....are you sure of the power coming in ? Is it plugged directly into the wall ? ( it should be )...

Aside from these, you may have a serious logic failure... or something inside is shorting things out...try taking the toner out and the tray 2 out...pick the printer up & put it up over your head upside down...shake it.. Never know I've seen most everything in my seventy years !!

Good Luck...

HP Recommended

I have finally got fix my printer by repair shop. He just replaced the chip under CARTRIDGE. And that charged me only 150/- in Pakistani Rupees.

Snapshot is attached to locate the chip under cartridge.

HP Recommended
Well if you used genuine hp supplies you would not have had the issue. Since you left out the information that you just changed the toner cartridge we might have been able to help you if we had known. If you did not just change the toner cartridge, then the repair ship is not telling you the truth.
HP Recommended

I had a similar issue and when I l=plugged directly into wall (not in a power bar) issue went awya.

HP Recommended
How much problem solve for initializing
HP Recommended
My printer has the initializing problem and never comes to Ready even after switching on and off severally. It can detect when the door is open, when the print toner is ejected and somebody says the mother board has crashed because of too many commands at once. Am mixed up. Can someone respond please.
HP Recommended

LaserJet P2055DN - Initializing Issue

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.