shamayla
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

LaserJet P2055DN - Initializing Issue

This printer having problem in initializing and unable to come to 'Ready' state. Keeps on restarting again and again but do not come to 'Ready' State.

Can some boday help me to solve this issue.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Level 13
7,129 7,121 557 997
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Disconnect all cable except the power and turn the printer on. Does it come to ready? If it does and attached to the network, you probably have a bad print job trying to print and causing the printer to crash and start again.
0 Kudos
shamayla
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks. But no cable is attached with printer expect Power cable. And networking is not enabled in this printer. There is no other way to configure or reset. Even root cause of this issue is not clear. Because Printer do not display any error message. It just restart again n again and tries to initialize.

0 Kudos
DoublHH
Level 4
226 214 4 11
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Sounds to me like it's losing input power..maybe....are you sure of the power coming in ? Is it plugged directly into the wall ? ( it should be )...

Aside from these, you may have a serious logic failure... or something inside is shorting things out...try taking the toner out and the tray 2 out...pick the printer up & put it up over your head upside down...shake it.. Never know I've seen most everything in my seventy years !!

Good Luck...

0 Kudos
shamayla
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have finally got fix my printer by repair shop. He just replaced the chip under CARTRIDGE. And that charged me only 150/- in Pakistani Rupees.

Snapshot is attached to locate the chip under cartridge.

0 Kudos
Level 13
7,129 7,121 557 997
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Well if you used genuine hp supplies you would not have had the issue. Since you left out the information that you just changed the toner cartridge we might have been able to help you if we had known. If you did not just change the toner cartridge, then the repair ship is not telling you the truth.
0 Kudos
Bryan84
5 3 0 0
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I had a similar issue and when I l=plugged directly into wall (not in a power bar) issue went awya.

0 Kudos
Lavish
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How much problem solve for initializing
0 Kudos
Bonies
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My printer has the initializing problem and never comes to Ready even after switching on and off severally. It can detect when the door is open, when the print toner is ejected and somebody says the mother board has crashed because of too many commands at once. Am mixed up. Can someone respond please.
0 Kudos
talib26
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation