Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro M1212nf MFP

LaserJet Pro M1212nf MFP - is switched on enters Initialization loop and does not come to Ready/OK Status.

Hard factory reset attempted with no luck.  Printer remains in same loop.  Currently Printer is not connected to computer or network.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Rolan-YIM 

Hello,

I have sent you a private message with instructions to reset (Permanent storage init.) the printer. Please only change the fields quoted in my private message. 

I ask you not to republish the procedure indicated in my PM in the public community and I thank you for doing so.

Then, please update the printer's firmware using the USB connection from the following HP link:
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL32625/bi-122315-3/LJM1130_M1210_FW_Upgrade_Security_sig...

If this answer allows you to solve the problem, please close the subject by clicking on Accept as solution at the bottom of this message.

Afterwards I invite you to come back here.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

This solution does not work as the printer does not reach ready mode and the firmware cannot be transmitted to the printer since the loop persists

HP Recommended

@Rolan-YIM 

Have you tried the following solution?

Try the following solution:

1. Turn off the printer.
  2. Press and hold the Right Arrow and Cancel buttons.
  3. While holding these buttons turn on the printer. The printer returns to Ready status.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

I tired this option.  It asks you for the language, then country then it re-enters into the initialization loop and does not reach the ready status.  Any more ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.