Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi Raj1788,

performed all the mentioned steps (again),

result firmware still 20130703,

any news on the escalation of @The_Fossette?

HP Recommended
Come on, get over it. There are at least 5 threads on this topic and HP support is useless. Inside the installer there are the firmware files. For your model P1102w v1, which is the same as mine, there is a dirmware file from 2013 and there will not be a newer one because the product is in end of life. Buy another printer, not HP.
HP Recommended

@HennieCoenders

I understand that the issue still persists.

I'll work on this issue and get back to you in next two to three working days.

Thank you very much,

Have a great day till then,

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

@HennieCoenders

Appreciate your time and passions,

I did a deep double check on firmware not updating to the latest version.

There is two similar printer.

1. HP LaserJet Professional P1102w

2. HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w

HP LaserJet Professional P1102w (CE657A) which does not have EPrint and Wifi direct

The latest firmware update on HP LaserJet Professional P1102w printer is 20130703

HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w (CE658A) which does not have EPrint and Wifi direct

The latest firmware update on HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w printer is 20180301

Please double check the product number of your printer, if you have an HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w (CE658A) please go ahead and update the firmware.

Keep me posted if this helps you.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended
Now you are right, except the ePrint and WiFi direct part. Both have them
HP Recommended
Checked just now, both have ePrint but only the CE658A has WiFi direct
HP Recommended

Hi Raj1788,

thanks for your deep double check,

I have the CE657A which has eprint like @riochim already mentioned. 

Your post, however, explaines why I'm not able to install the 2018 firmware for my printer.

That is not mentioned in this link from HP  https://support.hp.com/sk-en/document/c04720842 (search for CE657A),

so maybe can you tell me when the firmware for the CE657A is downloadable and ready to install?

Thanks again,

greetings Hennie

HP Recommended

@HennieCoenders

Thanks for the reply,

I see that you have a CE657A which is HP LaserJet Professional P1102s which is not a wireless capable printer, only HP LaserJet Professional P1102w is wireless capable

Regarding the firmware update, I cannot make any speculations when the next firmware update will be released for any model.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended
Are you joking Raj? CE657A is P1102W first edition, as you mentioned earlier, while CE651A is P1102 without wireless.
HP Recommended

Hi Raj,

thanks again,

I have th p1102w CE657A, and i'm using it wireless and with e-print, but don't bother that discussion anyway.

I dont understand that Hp publices vulnarabilities ( https://support.hp.com/sk-en/document/c04720842(search for CE657A), and says theres new firmware for the CE657A, and you say you cant tell...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.