Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have an HP Laserjet 100 color MFP M175nw. since I switched the internet provider, I can't connect it wireless.. yesterday  I read this here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Laserjet-100-color-MFP-M175nw-wifi-connection-proble...

Then I created the positions on the printer too, I got a new ip number. wrote the ip address of the browser and it found the printer. Then I restored  my printer. But  When I press the wireless button, it says remove cables, I remove the cable , so it tels  is connecting  in 2 minutes. after 2 min it has failed and flashed again. what can I do, thank you for your help

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Alisad68, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Try restoring the factory defaults on the printer and then configure the wireless settings.

To restore the product to the factory-default settings, follow these steps.

1. On the product control panel, press the Setup button.
  2. Use the arrows buttons to select the Service menu, and then press the OK button.
  3. Use the arrows buttons to select the Restore Defaults item, and then press the OK button.

The product automatically restarts.

Connect the printer to the network

Use Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) to set up the printer on your local wireless network.

1. Press the WPS button on your wireless router.

2. On the product control panel, press and hold the Wireless button  for two seconds. Release the button when the wireless light starts blinking.

3. Wait up to two minutes while the product establishes a network connection with the wireless router.

Refer to this document to know more about How to perform Wireless Setup on HP Laserjet M175nw Printer

If the issue persists, we will have to perform a factory reset to revoke the network capabilities of the printer. The reset instructions are specific for your printer, performing the same steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.

I will send you a private message with reset instructions, follow the steps and re-initialize the printer.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi again

Unfortunatlly  it could not solv my problem wifi bottom is blinking.

I restored setting to factory( Several times)

connected the printer to the router by cable and got ip adresse, tried by pc, typed ip adress on browser and it found the printer

wireless setting on printer are on (automatic) as defalt ,so I tried to connect it. (presses  wps on  router- its connecting  wait 2 min,,,,,but cant connected)

I chose the manuell setting and wrote th ip adress and another number( dont remember the name) and its the same-

the WIFI butom is still blinking

HP Recommended

@Alisad68

That's unfortunate. I would recommend you to try out other support options for further assistance.

Follow the steps below to reach out to our HP Support team:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further. 

Thank you. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey

My problem about  wifi connestion still is not solved. As u see, I was asked to send a private message , after athat i sent a privat message , the same person said that I shold send public message, så everybody can see. Can u do something for me please?

HP Recommended

@Alisad68

Looks like it is a hardware issue and we have exhausted all the possible troubleshooting steps.

I would recommend you to try out other support options for further assistance.

Follow the steps below to reach out to our HP Support team:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further. 

Thank you. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue.

The printer works with ethernet fine.

Now I need to connect by WiFi in the new office or draw a 30 feet ethernet line across.

My router is a Fritzbox 7590 it runs on 2,GHZ n and g channel 1 it is 3 feet away on the wall the signal is maximum.

DHCP is activated and the router connects via Ethernet fine.

Printer is set to DHCP as well.

Whatever I do - either select the wifi and enter credentials in the webbrowser menue and unplug the cable, or go to the panel of the printer and try WPS by button it WILL NOT CONNECT - connection failed.

I did reset the network settings at the printer and at least after this the timer of the WPS at the printer counts down and the blue led blinks - thanks for this gimmick - however with failure at the end - always.

After three days and several hours I have given up wasting my time - we drew a flying ethernet line above the ceiling for the moment. 

Here's my question to the manufacturer  experts - if there are.

Is the printer able to connect to a router with n+g or does it need b ?

Is the printer able to connect to a router that uses a 40MHZ channel width.

Is there any printer that I could buy Laser Color that would work from HP out of the box with WiFi guaranteed or do I need and go to Epson or other brand to get this feature working.

Thanks

Bernd

HP Recommended

@balgenbruder

Welcome to HP support community.

Perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
  6. Turn on the printer.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Cheers to the experts at HP.

I did this already and now I did it again.

There is no way the printer would connect to the router despite a blasting strong signal.

I ends up with CONNECTION FAILED.

HP Recommended

@balgenbruder

This might require one on one interaction to fix this issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.