Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet 2200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I can't make my LaserJet 2200 printer work on Windows 10 x64.  I installed DOT4 and the latest Universal Printer Driver PCL6, upd-pcl6-x64-6.9.0.24630.  I connected my printer to the computer using a parallel to USB cable.  I made sure the printer is configured to use the right virtual USB port.  I only get error messages from the printer.  The only driver I found that works is the PCL5 version that comes with Windows, or the old PCL5 version found on HP ftp site, upd-pcl5-x64-6.1.0.20062, which doesn't provide bi-directional support.  I always get an error message when printing with the  PCL6 driver :

PCL XL error

Subsystem: Kernel

Errors: UnsupportedProtocol

Operator: 0x0

Position: 0

When installed on Windows XP, the printer works just fine using the PCL6 driver made for it.

Also, I'm missing the manual duplex option that was coming with the Windows XP PCL6 driver that is removed from the Universal Printer Driver made for Windows 10.

Thanks for helping me with these two issues...

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I made an error : the old PCL5 version found on HP ftp site, upd-pcl5-x64-6.1.0.20062 provides bi-directional support.  It's Windows HP Laserjet 2200 driver that doesn't.  But HP UPD PCL5 driver is restricted to 600 dpi whereas PCL6 was providing higher resolutions for my printer, i.e. 1200 dpi.

HP Recommended

Does anybody have information to help me?  My 2 problems are still unsolved.

1- I can't install HP UPD PCL6 drivers for my Laserjet 2200.

2- I'm missing manual duplex function that's removed from HP UPD drivers.

Thanks for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.