12-16-2019 05:54 PM - edited 12-16-2019 05:57 PM
I had experienced have a difficulty to reconnect wifi since I changed internet company. My printer can not pick up the wifI and I tried all of the virtual agent live chat information, that was not work. Because this printer menu list is slightly different from the manual. You know the manual covers a bunch of series printer models. So i almost gave up and last chance is to call to HP customer service. The phone number is 1-800-474-6836. While I'm fixing with a customer service man over the phone, I found out the printer menu displays wrong order instruction. At the menu panel, Choose, Setup-Networking set up-Wireless setup ( This model doesn't have wireless wizard) -Protected set up (WPS) - OK- Then show this message " press router WPS Button and press OK button in the printer " ===>>> ( This one doesn't work and keep fail after the follow this message )
You should press the OK button in the printer first Then press the router WPS button.
12-17-2019 03:18 AM - edited 12-17-2019 03:27 AM
First, please restore the printer's default network settings as follows:
- Press and hold down the Wireless and Cancel buttons on the printer control panel simultaneously for 5 seconds.
You must first connect the printer to a computer via a USB port, then Convert the USB connection to a wireless connection, as the printer does not have a control panel to enter the Wi-Fi password.
Please refer to this document for the steps involved.
Please follow the steps below to configure your printer on your new wireless network:
- To connect the printer to a wireless (Wi-Fi) network, make sure that the
printer, access point, and computer are turned on and that the computer
is connected to the wireless network.
- A USB cable will be required.
- Download and run HP Easy Start from this site: 123.hp.com/laserjet.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer on the wireless network.
- Select Printer without control panel.
- Wait for the printer to be installed.
- Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cable that is connected to the printer.
- Try to print.
Do not hesitate to solicite us if needeed.
|I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accepted Solution! Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.|
HP Expert support community HP France.