Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Unknown

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help.

I have a HP LaserJet P1102w printer. It been working great until yesterday when there was a paperjam. I took the paper out and it printed the page but there is a line down the side of it. I tried it this morning and it printed the paper and the line became less apparent. Then I tried again and the line but was gone but the paper was a dark from the dust. So I attempted to do print again, thinking the more times I print, the printer will just clean itself. Instead this time, the printer stopped printing. I dont know why.

The computer still recognise there is this printer and gives me the option to print. When I do send something to print, the status just says "Error printing".

Ive tried :

1- Changing the toner to a new one. Still same problem.

2- Ive always had the printer connected to the computer. I saw the wireless light was flashing, and pressed on the wireless button to disable it.

3- Tired restarting the computer several times.

4- Turned of the wifi for 5 minutes, along with the computer and printer before turning them back on.

5- Ive tried resetting the printer to factory setting by "Turn the printer off:-  Press and hold down the wireless button and the cancel button (x button) while turning the printer back on and don't release the two buttons until the printer stops making noise." The green light is stable and no other flights are flashing, but it still wont print.

6- Disconnected the cable from the printer and taken out the plug for 5 minutes, while the computer is on, it still not sorted out the problem

7- I went to driver and printers, found the printer and tired to press on troubleshoot and it said it was fine and the only thing was it was not the default printer. So I accepted the request to it make it the default printer.

Ive tried for the past 3 hours and Im really want to get to the route of it. Please can anyone advise

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Try removing the toner cartridge and then gently shaking the toner to uniform the toner powder inside. Re install the toner and test. Might work

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.