Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wdunham
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Laserjet Pro M404dw Enable Network settings (semi-full reset)

Laserjet Pro M404dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am the administrator of a Laserjet M404dw printer that we have on site. I was attempting to set up Wifi-Direct and disable the Wifi itself as we don't want it connected to the main network. While I was setting it up, I unchecked the wrong options and now I am completely locked out of the printer. The network menus and the Network button does not work as it states "This feature has been disabled by your administrator...". When I try and perform a reset to factory defaults in printer maintenance, it continues the same behavior.

Pushing the "Back" key 4 times while the printer is starting does not bring up the "Support" Menu based on the attempts I have done thus far. I had done a little bit of looking around and I found a few threads that state that a semi-full reset could fix this issue. So, I was wondering if someone could walk me through performing this, as I am out of options, and I am in a bit of a time crunch.

Thank you in advance!

-Will D

PC Tech

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 10
2,493 2,482 223 461
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

PM sent with instructions

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
wdunham
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

It worked! Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation