Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet Color 400 M451dn
Linux

I've had this problem in the past and a tech walked me through some procedure that fixed it.  I'm hoping someone can direct me to the procedure. 

When I print a document the characters appear blurry.  At closer inspection you can see that there is a shadow on on each character.  Somehow is appears that the color overlay is not lining up directly over the original character. 

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Wayne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

According to the User Guide manual for this model, you probably need to perform a calibration:

If the printed output has colored shadows, blurry graphics, or areas that have poor color, you might need to calibrate the product to align the colors.

Print the Diagnostics Page from the Reports menu on the control panel to check the color alignment. If the blocks of color on that page are not aligned with each other, you need to calibrate the product.

1. At the control panel, press the OK button to open the menus.

2. Open the following menus:
● Calibrate Color
● Calibrate Now

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

According to the User Guide manual for this model, you probably need to perform a calibration:

If the printed output has colored shadows, blurry graphics, or areas that have poor color, you might need to calibrate the product to align the colors.

Print the Diagnostics Page from the Reports menu on the control panel to check the color alignment. If the blocks of color on that page are not aligned with each other, you need to calibrate the product.

1. At the control panel, press the OK button to open the menus.

2. Open the following menus:
● Calibrate Color
● Calibrate Now

HP Recommended

Thanks for the note.  that did it.  For my printer the menus selections were

Ok

System Setup

Printer Quality

Color Calibration

HP Recommended

BLESS YOU! Spent an our fiddling with this... that worked!!!

HP Recommended

This helped me out too!  Thanks a million. The printer would go into a calibration sequence after a run and I thought this was enough, but obviously not. After I forced the calibration sequence, the color alignment fell right back into place.

HP LaserJet PRO 400 color M451

OK ->

System Setup ->

Print Quality ->

Calibrate Color ->

Calibrate Now ->

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.