Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP 277dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using my 2nd 277dw printer so I know what the speed should be.

I've had this printer for about a month and have noticed the first out copy and even steady page printing is at least double in time from my experience with my last printer.

I just a one page color item, single sided, with one complex photo, from a sleep state, and it took well over 2 minutes to print.

A one page color item, single sided, with some simple color, from a wake state, took about a minute.

A two page color item, dumplex, with simple color and one small color photo, from a wake state, took 90 seconds.

A one page B & W item, from a wake state, took over 90 seconds.

The software is up to date.

I am running Windows 10 Pro, prerelease V15019.

Stephen C. Jackon
SCJ Consulting
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@scjconsulting,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are facing slow copy issue with your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

And here's the link to update the firmware: Firmware Update Utility

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@scjconsulting,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are facing slow copy issue with your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

And here's the link to update the firmware: Firmware Update Utility

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

The speed is back.

I had checked HP Support Assistant for updates several times and it did not say it needed a firmware update.

Stephen C. Jackon
SCJ Consulting
HP Recommended

@scjconsulting,

I am happy to know that the issue has resolved.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Firmware updates for the printer will not download from HP Support Assistant. You need to check updates it from the control panel of the printer.

You may refer page no 94 of the user guide from the link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04474163

Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.