Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet MFP M227fdn
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I was having no issues printing and then all of a sudden (I might have hit a button) I can no longer print until I hit the okay button.  I hit print, the printer beeps, it then says Load tray 1 Plain, Letter then I hit okay.  If anyone can shed some light on this issue I would appreciate it.  I print a lot and having to hit okay after every time I want to print something is unrealistic for my job.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

sounds like either the paper size/type got changed or the tray guides are out of alignment for the paper you're using.  the printer is essentially telling you "hey, you want me to print on letter paper but i dont detect that, how about using this size instead".  thats why you can hit go and it'll print.  

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information.  I was able to figure out where to change the paper settings and it worked!  Made my day!  Thank you!

HP Recommended

glad it worked out for you! dont forget to click that kudos button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.